Both wedding couples and portrait clients send me handwritten notes, e-mails and cards to thank me for the photos I took of them.
These mean so much to me! I really care for my clients and when they appreciate me and my work I find it very rewarding professionally and personally.
Here are some of the kind words I received over the years.
- Mariann,The album arrived yesterday and I am so pleased with it. It is so beautiful and the whole story of our wedding is told from beginning to end in the most unique way. Every person I show it to says, “Wow, where did you find this photographer? She is really amazing!” It is true. What a gorgeous way to preserve our most precious day!I have forwarded your contact information to several people and I hope they use you. There really is no competition. You showed up on time to a remote place and I never once had to worry. The only time I noticed you there was when you came in to set up and when you came to say goodbye. Everyone in my wedding said, “That photographer was awesome! She was everywhere.” I never noticed, but it seems you must have been everywhere because there are moments that you captured that were so brief and yet so special.
I can tell from your photos and your attitude that you love what you do. It shows in every detail. We couldn’t be happier with the results. I wish I could get married every weekend because it was so special for us. Thankfully, we don’t have to. We just open our album and relive the day over and over again.
Many thanks Mariann… you are really wonderful.
Love and gratitude,
Shawn and Norma-Jean Callahan
August 25, 2007
- Dear Mariann, Wow wow wow! What more can I say? Your talent defies description. The photos are stunningly poignant. You captured the spirit of the day perfectly. We feel so blessed you were a part of our day. We wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. A thousand thanks are not enough. You should feel very proud of the fact that you have created an enduring work which is now a part of our family history. We have already, and will continue, to praise you on the rooftops. Already we have friends who wish to work with you when they get married or have a baby in the future. We are sincerely happy to recommend you wholeheartedly. Bravo on a job well done! Warmly yours, Christine & Dan PS Feel free to use us as a reference. Also, we are very much interested in your continued success, so if you ever have a gallery showing or are featured somewhere, please let us know. We would love to check it out. We can’t get enough of your images! – Christine and Dan got married in Newport, Rhode Island in the fall of 2006.
- Dear Mariann, If only we could capture our Thanks in words the way you have captured our treasured wedding memories in photos! Eddie and I saw a preview on your blog and once again you’ve done awe-inspiring work. All Eddie could say was “I have no words” – one of his highest compliments- and as for myself, I cried! Looking at the pictures, I felt like I was right there at my wedding again. We couldn’t ask for anything better. We also had Eddie’s family in Brazil check out the blog. They loved your work- and if you weren’t before, now you are international! We hope you had a chance to relax and enjoy a little during the evening. It’s been such a pleasure working with you and since this was your second event with our family in such a short time we almost feel like you were a guest more than anything else. Sincerely, Andrea and Eddie – Andrea and Eddie got married in Westchester, New York in the fall of 2006.
- Hi Mariann, WOW! This is incredible. Thank you so much for all your hard work. The pictures look amazing. I can not wait to see them all. This slideshow though it is perfect. You truly have captured the spirit of the day! It was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you again. I wanted to let you know how many amazing compliments you have been getting on the pictures! Lisa and Brett – Lisa and Brett got married in Sherman, Connecticut in the fall of 2006.
- Hi Mariann, We just wanted to thank you for a great day. It was a pleasure working with you. I am very happy that we found you for our wedding. We also appreciate you coming so far to meet with us. Thank you again for everything. I can’t tell you how awesome the pictures are. WE LOVE THEM!!!!!! I can’t stop looking at the site. They are just great . We could not be happier. Thank you so much. (about engagement session) WOW!!!! you are one talented photographer!!! You are an amazing artist!! I love it so much. I just love it, can’t say it enough.. Thank you so much! (about the photo guest book) Well again, the pics are STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! You captured each moment and everyone at the wedding. We love them. We could not have asked for anything more. Thank you so much. I just can’t stop looking at the slide show!!!!!!! It is like re-living the day. You captured it so well. (about wedding photos) Alison and James – Alison and James got married in Connecticut in the fall of 2006.
- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking such wonderful photographs at our wedding. You were a pleasure to have at our wedding and I hope you had a chance to relax, eat and enjoy the night a little yourself….I LOVE the photos you posted on your blog! I LOVED the slide show – it was so beautiful and I can’t wait to send the link out to friends and family…. Steve & I are going to have a difficult time selecting the ones to put in our album – there are so many great photos to choose from. You did a phenomenal job and I really appreciate it…. THANK YOU!!! We are so amazed with the pictures. It is great to have such wonderful pictures to remember our wedding. Laura and Steve – Married in June 2006 on Long Island.
- Dear Mariann, Thank you for your fantastic work on our wedding photos! We love them and have been getting rave reviews! It was a pleasure having you take part of our wedding. Best, Melissa and David Melissa and David got married in the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in June 2006.
- These are so wonderful and more beautiful than I can imagine. Thank you. I just love it and want to treasure it. You are terrific. Thanks again. Judi and Chris Judi and Chris got married on Shelter Island in 2006.
- Mariann, Thank you so much for all your help throughout the wedding process. You were an absolute pleasure to work with and we love our pictures. You did an incredible job capturing the essence of our special day. We look forward to working with you again! Best wishes, Minnie and Mike – Married on Indian Island, New Jersey in 2005.
- Dear Mariann, Just wanted to write to tell you that I think you did a great job with Minnie’s wedding and express my thanks for all of your patience and for being so accommodating. You have been so wonderful through this whole process and always took the time to answer any of the many questions or concerns. I am so happy that my sister chose you as her photographer and that you could share this happy occasion with our families! And my mom was so impressed with the photos, she might now be your #1 fan. Thanks again for everything! Hope all is well! Julie
- Mariann, Thank you so much for the photos. They really are fantastic! We love them! You did such a great job capturing our special day. Many thanks, Mindy and Kevin – Married in Central Park, New York City in 2005.
- Mariann, First, thank you so much for being able to work through the craziness of the wedding. We don’t have words to express our appreciation. The preview slideshow sequence is outstanding! We love it!!! Thank you so much for the quality of your work. Thank you! Diana and Dino – Married in Sutton Place, New York City in 2005.
- Mariann, How can we ever thank you for giving us beautiful photographs of our day? The pictures were (are) wonderful plus it was terrific to have you with us in the day and evening festivities. As today marks the official end of summer, it’s time to end the honeymoon, but fortunately you’ve given us photos that will last a lifetime. Many, many thanks, Joseph and Dan – Married in Toronto, Canada in 2005.
- Mariann, Thank you so very much for the very beautiful photos! Andy and I hope that the wedding photos are just as perfect. Christina and Andy – Married in Chelsea, New York City in 2005.
- Mariann, I absolutely love the photos you took for us! I have received the proof magazines and love them. Wow! The album is so pretty!! I love how you did it!! Thank you for all your help and patience. We will definitely recommend you to friends and family who may get married in the future. Thank you once again for everything! Jaeah and Eugene – Married in The Plaza, in New York City in 2004.
- Hi Mariann, Thanks again for all your amazing work on our wedding. All of our family and friends are awed by the photos on your blog. We couldn’t be happier with the results so far. Warm regards, Carol + Ed
- Dear Mariann- Thank you for joining us last night and today. Your photos will save these great memories for us! Tammy & Ben
- Dear Mariann, Thank you so very much for capturing all of our special moments on our wedding day. You were such a pleasure to work with and be around before and on that day. We can’t tell you enough how much we love your work and how much you rock! The pictures absolutely take people’s breath away and we just can’t stop staring at them. We can’t wait to see the album! Than you again so much for everything, for making the day so perfect and for giving us pictures we can treasure for a lifetime! Love, Nicole + Adam Monthie
- Dear Mariann, Thank you for coming to Stone Harbor to take our pictures! This is a little something to remember Stone Harbor. I think they have the best fudge! -Daniella & Gavin
- Dear Mariann- We’re pleased with the beautiful work you have done! Thank you so very much for all of your help. You have been a pleasure to work with throughout our planning process and especially on our wedding day, where you captured all of the special moments, details and emotions of the day. Nate and I are so grateful that we have beautiful photos to look back on. Sincerely, Jessica & Nathan Evans P.S. Sure we’ll see you for family photos someday!
- Dear Mariann, Thank you for being such an important part of our wedding day. We’ve always been big fans of your work and cannot believe how good your pictures made us look that day! We love how you perfectly captured each moment for us to always look back and remember. You’re amazing! Thank you for giving us our best gift! Love, Kimberly and Mickey
- Dear Mariann, Thank you so much again for the amazing job you did at the wedding and you were an amazing person to be around. Thank you so much again! -Nicole and Adam
- Hi Mariann, I hope you are having a great time enjoying the weather. Ed and I are getting very excited for the wedding. We have only been getting praise about how great the engagement photos are. We can’t wait to see the sign-in book. We look forward to seeing you soon. Warm Wishes, Carol + Ed
- Dear Mariann: We were so excited that you were able to join us and share our special day, it meant a lot to us. We want to thank you for your beautiful work. Happy holidays to you and your family. Cynthia & Steve
- Dear Mariann, Thank you so much. Your work is amazing. I’ll let you know what his reaction is when I give it to him!! I can’t wait to see his face. Thanks again! Christine P.S. Thank you for the disc as well. I know I’ll be getting a few blown up!
- Dear Mariann, Thank you so much for everything you did at the Pak/Teng wedding on June 26th! Through steamy-hot formal shots to the ceremony down pour, you were such great sport. I can’t wait to see the photos and am certain we will work together again soon. Take care, Sarah
- Mariann – Thank you so much for this whole experience! The book is amazing!! I am going to tell all my friends about this! -Dana
- Mariann: Can’t thank you enough for the amazing Maternity/Newborn shoot. All of the pictures are amazing. My family will cherish them forever. Your love and passion for photography shines in the photos you produce. All the best, Johanna, Colin, Harper, & Quinn
- My Mar! We want to tank you so much for coming up to visit us before all the craziness begins – I had so much fun spending time with you! Thank you so much for the baby’s high chair and for the adorable tiny Gap clothes, too! We love it, we can’t wait to see our little Half Pint soon, haha! And, Mar, thank you so much for taking some belly pics for me- this will be such a beautiful reminder of my first pregnancy, and I could not have wished for a more wonderful friend to help me! Love you Mar! We will be calling you as a soon as there is some Baby News to report! Thank you again for everything! We love you always, Jill & Phil & and Baby 1/2-Pint T!
- Mariann- The pics look wonderful! Thanks for all your help! Sue
- Dear Mariann – Thanks for all the beautiful photos! They look great and we look forward to future shoots as well- Warm regards, Susan
- Dear Mariann, I just want to say how wonderful you are & how easy it has been to work with you (before, during + after) the wedding process. You are a true blessing to this world & your pictures are outstanding. We look forward to future interactions. Much Love + Thank you for everything. Keith + Alex Amato
- Hi Mariann, just wanted to let you know we received the wedding album yesterday and it blew us away! You did a tremendous job on this, we couldn’t have dreamed of a nicer album. Thanks for the kind words too, it really was an honor and delight working with you! We definitely look forward to working with you again soon, stay tuned…. Thanks, Ed and Carol
- Dear Mariann, It really was such a pleasure to work with you. Your work speaks for itself and is stunning but I absolutely appreciate your relaxed demeanor (even under the inevitable time crunch!) – it makes such a difference when you’re surrounded by jittery brides, half-drunk bridal party and an organized chaos that is always what a wedding is. You do fantastic work and I look forward to working together again soon. Take care, Sarah